Saturday, February 4, 2012

Valentine's Day Brooches

Surprisingly, I owe nothing red or pink in my wardrobe, so I don't have anything to wear for Valentine's day. Being a poor student, I'm on a budget, so instead of going out to buy v-day accessories I decided to make them myself! :-)

Heart Brooches.

I found a crochet heart pattern from Little Birdie's Secret and made a couple hearts to transform them into brooches.  I added layered buttons and ribbons for some cute accents, and on the back, I hot glued a piece of felt with the brooch finding. They turned out so cute, I love them! They were fast and easy to make, but the best part is, I didn't have to spend a single penny since I had all the supplies in hand! Yes!


The back.

On me! :-)


I can't wait to wear one for Valentine's day! Make these for your loved ones so they can wear one too!

Also my 100 follower giveaway is ending on valentines day, 2/14/12. If you haven't entered please do so, since we only have a little over a week left!


15 comments:

  1. Amy these little heart broaches are adorable. Thanks for the idea.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your broaches are beautiful. What a fantastic idea.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Is it brooches or broaches?? I' m confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! I think it's brooches. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super cute & I love projects that use what's in your stash! Thanks for stopping by my blog & for your nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Meg and Natalia: Thank you!
    @Craftymoose: Thanks for visiting my blog and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I Love the idea, Thank you very much!
    Hugs
    Kikka

    ReplyDelete
  8. Te han quedado preciosos...Gracias por el enlace de las instrucciones..No conocia tu blog, me ha gustado mucho y ya soy tu seguidora....Un beso. Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Happy Valentine's Day!
    hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete