Saturday, November 19, 2011

Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake

I found this recipe on allrecipe.com and I decided to give it a try. I made a lot of changes after I read the reviews from others.

Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake

Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake (makes one 9 inch cheesecake)
  • Ready-made 9 inch graham cracker crust or you can make your own.
  • 2 1/2 (12 oz) block cream cheese
  • 1/2 C. + 2 T sugar
  • 3/4 C. pumpkin pie filling (not pumpkin puree)
  • 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • a pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs 
Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add and mix in the eggs and salt. Fill 1 1/2 C of the cream cheese batter into the graham cracker crust and spread it out evenly. Add and stir the pumpkin pie filling into the rest of the cream cheese batter and carefully spread over the batter in the crust.

Place the cheesecake into the oven and place a pan of hot water on the shelf below the cheesecake. Bake for 50 minutes, turn off the heat and leave it in the oven for an hour. And let it cool completely in room temperature.

Crack kills!
Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before you serve. Serve it with whipped cream or whipped topping.

I made my own crust in a spring form pan. My cheesecake cracked a little because I overbaked it just a tad bit. I should've stopped the cooking at 50 minutes, but I kept going for another 5 minutes since I wasn't sure if it was ready or not. Other than that, it was perfect; it was so delicious! I'm definitely making this again for Thanksgiving and you should too! It's a great change from the traditional pumpkin pie. I hope you and your guests will enjoy it as much as I did!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments: